14 Φεβρουαρίου 2007

Micro Trip 3

He was bored of every aspect of his life. Still, he didn't know what the cause was, neither what to do. Often, as he was watching several items, he felt the urge to get inside them, to keep company with the atoms and their cores. What a lunatic desire! Yes it was. He was...

Once I joined him... inside an atom called Excit. Nice and gentle atom it was. But, unfortunately, it had a very annoying habit. It liked moving all the time and the worst of all, it couldn't help keeping a steady pace. One time going slower, then faster, then even faster, then even slower. Really annoying! Like listening to music with a tempo that changes every few seconds... can be great, only sometimes. He made some tea. We talked for a few minutes, about past times. He reminded me of so many things I had mysteriously forgotten about. He asked me if I could see the end. Yes! No... I wasn't sure. I could see many ends. Looked straight ahead, looked at my back, above and below, left, right, there was an end everywhere. More ends than I had imagined before. He pointed out that these ends were common ends, anyone could acquire such ends. I felt ashamed and disappointed. What was wrong with me? But he wouldn't tell me! He did not want to help me! I should have known from the beginning, he wasn't a true friend anyway, only caring for himself.

When we were near above some plains of grass I asked Excit to land so I could get off at that place. There was a forest nearby with lots of oaks among the other trees. On the other side there was the sea. Not of water but one of captured expressions. Like recorded on limitless tape, imprinted forever, there roamed thousands or millions of expressions. Created through time by both dumb and genious existences, in teams or lonely.

I knew experiencing so many expressions at once could easily kill me, so I tried to focus on one which I randomly chose. Wow! It was a very simplistic one, yet exciting in an unusual way. Not too hard to describe. First of all, a small old tower made of dark stone. It had no windows. On its top there was a man standing, playing a flute. His choice of melody was a truly hopeful one. He kept repeating that melody as far as I can remember. The sun had almost set so the place was rather gloomy but not spooky at all. There was a wooden pole standing out from the wall at a height far beyond man's reach and a big sack tied up, hanging from it. It was tore at a point by the blade of a sword which was the only content visible outside. I guessed that sack could be containing several weapons. Those weapons were taken away from man's reach... A rabbit showed up running behind the structure. It disappeared behind a bush. Not knowing why, I run towards that bush and looked around. The man suddenly stopped playing his flute. I raised my eyes to the position he was standing and saw him riding a bicycle. He was riding down the tower's wall towards me... As he reached the ground he gently stopped and looked at me with frustration. "Look what you have done!", he said, "This is the end!"... "Is it?", I asked like a fool, probably looking like a fool. Then he told me, "Have a look in your pocket, the right one". I put my hand in my right pocket. There was something there I wasn't aware of before. I pulled it out... it was a small pump! A pump for bicycles! "Now don't just stand there, use it!", he said. And so I started inflating and inflating and inflating... inflating my dreams and the dreams of my beloved. There was only one thing that confused me a little. Was that air pure?