23 Σεπτεμβρίου 1999

Micro Trip 1

(This is one of the first things I've ever written. First version is the original in greek. A rough translation to english follows.)

[Greek]
Μια σαΐτα έσκισε το φεγγάρι στα δύο. Ο Ωρίωνας φώναζε... έβριζε ασταμάτητα. Τις βλασφήμιες του άκουγε η όμορφη Αφροδίτη και δάκρυσε. Οι σταγόνες των δακρύων από τα μάτια της έπεσαν πάνω στη γη και έπνιξαν όλους τους ανθρώπους. Μόνο εγώ απέμεινα ζωντανός... Έκανα ένα σύντομο ταξίδι μέχρι τον ήλιο και από εκεί πήρα το τρένο για την Ανδρομέδα. Ήταν μια παλιά ατμομηχανή, βαριά και επιβλητική σαν ένα φύλλο βελανιδιάς...
Δεν έφτασα ποτέ στον προορισμό μου. Ή δεν είχα αρκετή θέληση ή η φαντασία μου έφτασε στα όρια της. Πόσο με γοητεύει η απεραντοσύνη του απείρου, πόσο με ελκύει η Αφροδίτη... θέλω να αγγίξω τον πυρήνα της.

[English]
An arrow tore the moon in half. Orion was yelling, swearing non-stop. His blasphemies were being heard by beautiful Aphrodite and she burst into tears. The tear drops from her eyes fell over the earth and drowned all humans. Only I was left alive. I took a short trip to the sun and there got onboard the train to Andromeda. It was an old locomotive, heavy and imposing as an oak leaf...
I never reached my destination. Either I did not have enough willpower or my imagination reached its limit. To what extent am I being enchanted by the immensity of infinity(?), to what extent am I being attracted to Venus(?)... I want to touch her core.